воскресенье, 16 сентября 2012 г.

Football: DIDI MAN WILL WALK TALL.(Sport) - Sunday Mirror (London, England)

Byline: JOE McHUGH

CELTIC lightweight Didier Agathe has no fears about looking after himself at Ibrox today.

Multi-million pound talents will collide in front of 52,000 fans but bargain buy Agathe (right) expects to take the whole occasion in his stride.

As a kid the frail Agathe, born on an island near Mauritius in the Indian Ocean, tried his hand at judo and karate but it's on the football park that he prefers to express himself.

'There were a lot of sports like judo, basketball and handball when I was young in France but I preferred to play football,' he says. 'I liked karate and self defence but I always wanted to be a footballer and it's a dream for me to be looking forward to a game as big as Celtic and Rangers.

'It doesn't bother me that I only cost Celtic pounds 50,000. I think players don't like to have pressure on them because of their transfer fee.

'When you play the game you don't want to think about money and the reason that I only cost pounds 50,000 was because I was on a short-term contract with Hibs.

'If I felt inferior to the other players on the park I would lose, but the game is about players - not about how much they cost.' Agathe, 25, has been an eye opener operating on Celtic's right flank less than a year after moving to Scotland at Raith Rovers.

'Martin O'Neill has given me a chance at Celtic and I want to repay him.

'He has given me the opportunity to show that I can play at this level and I appreciate that.'