понедельник, 17 сентября 2012 г.

GERRY WALKS TALL!(Sport) - The Mirror (London, England)

Gerry Britton last night revealed why he ditched a glamour move to France to join Dunfermline's up-and-under squad.

The big striker is the latest six-footer to star in the Fifers' side - and he was the star of their Coca-Cola quarter-final win over Partick Thistle on Tuesday.

Bert Paton's tactic of pumping endless high balls in to his big men might not win many friends but it suits Britton perfectly.

He said: 'In the summer I had more or less decided to go to France to join Lavallois.

'It was just a case of completing the details.

'But when I got back from France, I found out that Bert had been in touch with my wife.

'I spoke to him and after that I made up my mind to come here because I was impressed with what he had to say.

'And I'm well pleased with the way things have worked out.'

Britton played 20 minutes as a sub in last season's Coca-Cola Cup final with Dundee and is now just 90 minutes away from another final appearance.

His goal and assist that dumped Thistle have helped him double last season's goal tally already.